Get an Insurance Quote, Agree Your Claim & Complete All Repairs in One AMAZING FREE SERVICE*
*Subject to Terms of Business
A Premium Service Delivered By Experts
An end to end service for your clients when they have an insurance claim which involves damage to their property. It covers residential homes, rented properties, commercial premises of all types and liability claims related to property damage.
THE CLAIMS PROCESS AS IT MIGHT BE FOR YOU NOW
When your clients have a claim they contact you for help in making the claim. This may require you to obtain pertinent facts from the client, advise on whether the claim is likely to be valid depending on policy cover, and assist the client in completing a claims form.
Your client will usually be asked to obtain and submit 2 or 3 quotes from builders which sometimes may cause a problem in that builders are not interested in attending to quote for "an insurance job" as there is no assurance as to whether they will get the work or when they will get paid. Clients are not always sure of what exactly insurers will pay for from all the damage which has been caused and it is left up to the client to ensure that the builder or the insurer's own appointed contractor scopes the reinstatement works correctly so as to restore the client's premises to its pre-loss condition.
If items have been left out the client will be unhappy with the works done and if items have been included by builders but not covered by insurers, loss adjusters will delay authorisation for works to start or settle the claim at too low a value creating difficulty for the client. This all involves a lot of time for you the broker and making a claim is the moment of truth for clients as we all know. What follows is how they judge the broker and possibly the insurer at renewal. A negative claims experience will only serve to damage the relationship between a broker and policy holder.
THE CLAIMS PROCESS WITH ALL PROPERTY CLAIMS
THE CLAIMS PROCESS WTH ALLPROPERTYCLAIMS
When you request us to contact your client to deal with an insurable incident you are in effect providing a premium service to your client which is characterised by prompt action and case ownership by experienced professionals.
What Actually Happens - Step By Step ?
Once we are instructed, we will attend the risk address to meet with your client to obtain the relevant facts and the steps leading up to the incident. At this meeting we would have formed a view as to whether, in our opinion, the claim is valid according to the terms of the policy. In the same meeting we would carry out a detailed survey of the damage to include photos, measurements and moisture readings in the case of water damage. The incident report with our view on validation, the scope of works with costs broken down by item along with the client's instruction / mandate will be sent to insurers after which we proactively pursue settlement. Usually insurers will appoint loss adjusters and we will arrange a meeting with them on site. The purpose of the meeting is for insurers to validate the claim and agree costs with us.
Once costs are agreed, which is often at the meeting or a few days later, we would instruct our contractors to carry out all drying and reinstatement works with our invoice going direct to insurers. We are able to settle and negotiate claims directly with adjusters because of the nature of the service we provide and our FCA registration
How Does Your Client Benefit From Using Us?
• Fewer Claims Repudiated - As we spend some time on validating a claim which takes into account our site inspections and all the facts in relation to the policy it is very unlikely that a claim we present to insurers will be repudiated.
• Time saved - Your client does not have to meet with different builders to obtain quotes, deal with the insurer, loss adjusters if they are appointed, surveyors, claims technicians and various trades people on the job. There is only one point of contact with our office and a person dedicated to your claim from notification to the point when all building works have been signed off.
• Experience and Professionalism - We will ensure that all damage for which insurers have liability under the policy terms is properly identified and reported to insurers without any corners being cut. Because our professionalism and knowledge is respected by insurers and loss adjusters alike we are effective in arguing what should and should not be included by insurers in any claim.
How Does A Broker Benefit From The Service?
• Detailed Update At Each Stage - We have meticulous record-keeping and all conversations with the client, insurers and loss adjusters are transcripted so we are able to tell you the broker exactly what is going on with the claim at any stage pre-settlement and while reinstatement is in progress.
• Shorter Claim Life Cycle - Clearly as a broker your time has to be spent on many things. The longer a claim drags on the more your client becomes frustrated with increasing strain on your administrative resource ( and possibly the client relationship ) in dealing with it. Our time is spent only on claims. We are proactive with insurers and adjusters and have a rigorous follow up procedure to settlement. Typically our average time from notification to settlement is 4 weeks. We start drying / restoration cleaning and / or reinstatement within 48 hours of settlement and will typically take 2-4 weeks for works depending on the scope.
• Renewals - The hours we put into a claim and the type of service we are able to provide ensure a satisfactory claims experience for your client and positively reflect on you at renewal.
What Does It Cost The Broker ?
Nothing. In fact you are providing a high value premium service to your clients.
And What Does It Cost My Client ?
We do not charge the client for this service [nor the insurer ] but instead ask our contractors to give up a part of the margin on the works in return for a regular flow of work. This provides a convenient, cost free solution to your client without having to pay deposits and advances to contractors.
Do You Have Examples of Work You Have Done ?
We have described some case studies covering different types of claims in some detail. Please click here for more.
Which Areas - Risk Addresses Can You Cover ?
We are a London based company and cover all areas within the M25, Surrey and Kent. As we carry out building works as a principal we have to ensure competent project management and control of our contractors for clients which necessarily requires us to restrict works to a set geographical area.
Which Insurers and Loss Adjusters Have You Dealt With ?
We have dealt with all the main insurers offering property cover such as the UK Insurance, RSA, Zurich, Aviva, Allianz, Axa, Aspen, Ocaso, Ageas, Covea, various Lloyds underwriters and underwriting agencies such as Commercial Express, Princess Insurance Agencies and brokers with delegated authority such as AJG Bluefin and Deacon to settle property damage claims. In terms of loss adjusters we regularly meet and settle claims with Sedgwick International UK, Crawfords, Davies, Woodgate Clark, Mclarens and several others.
As a result of our dealings with loss adjusters and insurers we have developed good working relationships based on trust, respect and professionalism. It is these relationships which allow us to deliver the high level of service your clients have a right to expect.
HOW CAN I TAKE THIS FURTHER?
Please contact us on 0208 003 5884 and we will call you back to arrange an appointment at your offices. We have no tie-in period or contract with brokers and you may use us whenever you wish. We rely solely on your clients' positive experience with us for repeat business from you.
The service provided by Allpropertyclaims Limited consists of dealing with a client's property insurance claim and carrying out building repairs for the client. It is the former activity which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [FCA]. Allpropertyclaims Limited is authorised and regulated by the FCA, Reg. No. 630201
For more details of what we do and our Summary Terms of Business CLICK HERE
Allpropertyclaims Limited | Registered address : Unit 1, 1417/1419 London Road, London SW16 4AH
Registered in England & Wales No. 07542418 | VAT Registration No. 112853435
© Copyright Allpropertyclaims Limited, October 2011